Kyle is a central Texas city in the heart of the I 35 corridor, located only 23 miles from downtown Austin and 13 miles from south Austin and the Southpark Meadows retail mega-complex. Historically rooted but building towards the future, Kyle strives to maintain a small Town Texas charm while positioning itself to be a vital part of the corridor economic development. A gateway to the Hill Country, Kyle is just a few miles away from many natural attractions, shopping and historic landmarks.
- Kyle is the 5th fastest growing city in the State of Texas
- Kyle was named the #1 Hot Spot in The I 35 Corridor by the Austin and San Antonio Business Journal
- 32,000 people call Kyle home and that number is sure to increase. The city's population has already increased about 600% in the past decade.
- Kyle has become the retail hub of northern Hays County. At a time when retail development has slowed in other parts of Central Texas, Kyle has about 2.5 million square feet of new development open or under construction at one busy intersection alone, according to the city. By comparison, the largest single shopping development in Austin, Southpark Meadows, has about 1.6 million square feet.
- The Austin Community College District announces it has entered into a contract for the purchase of approximately 96 acres in Kyle, as Hays CISD voters consider joining the ACC District.